Thursday, November 13, 2008

The International Stylings of Janet


As I look back on the people and places who have influenced my cooking, the first was my Italian grandmother who showed me how so many tasty, wonderful dishes that can be produced with the simplest of ingredients.

As the wife of an Army officer who served for 28 years, several influences come to mind. Three years in south Louisiana introduced me to food and seasonings that were new to me. Three tours in Germany introduced me to a cuisine that is now one of my favorites, especially when the weather turns cool as it has now. Friends I have made along the way have taught me so much. Among these friends are the members of Ladies of the Knife--we met at Sur la Table Culinary Classes. What fun we have together cooking, teaching and learning from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment